Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Milk?

 
Milk


Leche

Whatever language you use to say "milk" it is still gonna freak me out to learn this milk can last for months without being refrigerated.  The milk comes in a sort of chicken stock container, which I suppose is what makes this milk last an ungodly amount of time.  Granted once you pop open the top of the carton the packaging suggests you drink it within seven days.   

From the packaging: "Tabatchnick low fat milk is manufactured utilizing Ultra High Temperature(UHT) process and packed in an aseptic pack to protect the freshness and natural flavor, without preservatives."

I'd be lying if I said I understood what the UHT process entails, but at least long lasting milk seems to have been achieved without the addition of any franken-chemicals to artificially make the milk stay fresh.  

Most importantly, this milk doesn't taste too bad at all.  It tasted fine in coffee and worked well in pancake batter.  A nice cold glass went well with some cookies.

A+ if I'm not thinking about how this milk could be years old.







12 comments:

  1. Yeah, humans are the only species that drink milk from another species. How weird is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont really like milk. Hershies Cookies n Cream milk is good though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my evening glass of milk. Following and supporting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love milk..
    almond milk, and vanilla soy milk are my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  5. cant stand it, cow milk is about as adventurous as i get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love milk! My favorite milk comes from the milk of the cow! I remembered when I was young(6-10)years old- my parents got the milk from our cows and they let me to drink... It taste delicious and so sweet..... I really missed my childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But sad to say that this time I never ever drink the fresh milk from our cows because, my parents sold all our cows. They sold it to pay for the doctor because, I got sick when I was in my Grade-VI (elementary level)- I was twelve years old at that time. I had a Malaria fever at that time. I was in the hospital for over 1 month. I thought that it was my last day! Thanks to God that He gave the second chance of my life; God's so wonderful! In fact He let me to still alive to see my parents and my loved ones and to enjoy life to the fullest because, life is the most wonderful one.... With LOVE and support my parents I already recover from my illness. By the way, Malaria fever comes from the Anopheles Mosquitoes(FEMALE mosquitoes) that will bite somebody every night. Person who is being bite will experience high fever and unexplainable feeling(NOT FEELING WELL). If the person cannot be cured, there is the possibility that the person will die soon. Praise God ALLELUIA that I was saved from that unbreakable experienced! So mush for that, I really love your milk- can I taste it? Can I have it some sooner? I will wait the milk! If you can't then; t will be okay for me. There's NO PROBLEM about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. milk is great, but chocolate is better. lol

    ReplyDelete